This topic applies ONLY to SCORM enabled courses in Moodle 1.9, where the Review scores are expected to pass a score to the LMS gradebook.
Some of the potential causes are:
- Browser security software may be enabled.
- Pop-up blockers may be interfering.
- The network may be too busy.
Possible solutions are:
- Try using a different browser.
- Disable or change settings on your security software.
- Disable pop-up blockers.
- Retry when the network is less busy.
Your LMS settings may be an issue as well:
- Be sure that the grading method or type for the SCORM object is set to a score-based option with a point value (e.g., highest grade, sum grade, average score.... but not "learning object").
- Check your LMS' "time out" setting. If the student is idle for a period of time, they may be logged out and not realize it.
If you are using Moodle (or even if you aren't), you may find some guidance in the Moodle.org forums: