Previous: Creating an Assessment
Click thebutton and you will see the following options:
Create from scratch: if you select this option, your assessment scope can contain anything from all 19 Units of NROC Developmental Math, but you will not start with a scope for the initial diagnostic test, which means you will need to create your own initial diagnostic (if you want an initial expedited test).
Start with pre-loaded assessment: choose this option to see the set of available pre-loaded assessments. (The full list of pre-loaded assessments can be seen here.)
Choosing to clone any of these options means you will be using an assessment that has already been aligned to a specific set of standards. In addition, a suggested scope for the initial diagnostic test will be provided for you. You will have the ability to edit and further refine both the assessment scope & initial diagnostic, but will not need to create them from scratch. The Standard pre-loaded Assessments include:
|Assessment Name||Aligned To|
|College Math Readiness||Includes units 1-18 of NROC Developmental Math. If you’re looking to create a custom assessment, this is the preferred starting point|
|Accuplacer Prep - Complete Test||All material covered by the Accuplacer® test (all three sub-tests)|
|Accuplacer Prep - Arithmetic||Material covered by the ‘Arithmetic’ portion of the Accuplacer® test|
|Accuplacer Prep - Elementary Algebra||Material covered by the ‘Elementary Algebra’ portion of the Accuplacer® test|
|Accuplacer Prep - College Level Math||Material covered by the ‘College Level Math’ portion of the Accuplacer® test|
|COMPASS Prep - Complete Test||All material covered by the COMPASS® test|
|Placement Test Prep - COMPASS + Accuplacer||All material covered by the Accuplacer® or COMPASS® tests. This is a good starting point for generic ‘placement test’ preparation.|
|ACT Prep||All material covered by the ACT® test|
|SAT Prep||All material covered by the SAT® test|
|GED/HSE Prep (1) K-8th grade Math||All material covered by the K-8 portions of the GED|
|GED/HSE Prep (2) 9th-12th grade Math||All material covered by the 9th-12th grade portions of the GED|
|TABE Prep (1): Easy/Medium||All material covered by the Easy and Medium portions of the TABE test|
|TABE Prep (2): Difficult||All material covered by the Difficult portion of the TABE test|
|TABE Prep (3): Advanced||All material covered by the Advanced portion of the TABE test|
|Praxis Preparation - Member contributed alignment||
All material covered by the Praxis test.
NOTE: this assessment was contributed by a member and has not been verified by our math subject matter experts, so is not openly available for cloning. If you're interested in using the Praxis alignment, please ask your Implementation Specialist to clone it into your site.
Note: in addition to the college-focused assessments listed above, we have career-focused assessments as well, commonly referred to as "Pathways." You can find the complete list here.
If you want to create a new assessment (for example, one that aligns to a specific class or state standard), we suggest you start from one of the following assessments as your basis:
- The preferred assessment to start with:
Start with pre-loaded assessment and Click Clone for the College Math Readiness assessment:
- Assessment that includes the complete Units 1-18 of NROC Developmental Math as well as the associated standard initial diagnostic content.
- This test is appropriate for using the school search functionality and allowing students to indicate their school(s) of interest and associated target score they'll work towards in EdReady.
- If you want to create an assessment from scratch, we recommend that you start with this as the basis.
- You can adjust the "scope" tab to meet the complete assessment expectations for your students, and the base initial diagnostic scope will adjust accordingly.
- If you want no initial diagnostic, or want to identify that scope from scratch:
Create a new assessment from scratch for:
- A completely fresh 19-unit NROC Developmental Math assessment.
- This assessment has no initial diagnostic content associated with it, so you will need to indicate the content in the initial diagnostic test completely from scratch.
- We do not recommend that you use this as the basis for your custom assessments, unless you are creating a very short (1-2 Units) assessment and do not want an initial diagnostic in place.