Starting in fall 2016 (& concluding in early 2017), all NROC Math courses (Algebra 1, Developmental Math Standard, and Developmental Math Pre-Assessment) will be upgraded from Flash-based to HTML5.
For an end-user (student), the change is primarily visual and the same Topic-level components remain available: Warm Up, Presentation, Worked Examples, Topic Text, Practice, and Review. You can see an example Topic homepage in each format below, with the updated navigation display highlighted:
Why is this change being made?
- Consistent User Experience across devices/ operating systems
- Users are no longer dependent on having the Flash plugin
- Consistent user experience for everyone, regardless of the device or operating system they are using: students using devices that do not natively support Flash (such as iPads) will now be able to access our Math courses.
- Improved Accessibility
- Improves the Accessibility of our materials, allowing them to more easily read by students using screen readers.
- Improved User Experience
- Modern and clean user interface
- Look is consistent with Developmental English, allowing for consistency across all NROC materials
How to get access to the new materials?
The courses in HippoCampus have already been updated.
If you are using EdReady, the new HTML5 materials will be available for all end-users on November 1, 2016 – no action is needed and the update will be applied universally for all students studying in EdReady.
If you are using our courses installed in your Learning Management System, LMS Administrators will need to install updated course files to get the updates (available at NROCnetwork.org), once available. Our newsletter will let you know when the updated installation files are available for use.
For more information, you may enjoy our webinar on the topic (October 2016): New Enhancements for NROC Members